A Member-in-Retirement (MIR) would be:
- At least 63 years of age as at 1 January of the year of renewal;
- Effectively retired; and
- Not gainfully employed
"not gainfully employed" is defined as having an earned income of not more than S$36,000 per annum.
Benefits of MIR
- Enjoy a concession on the annual membership fee (i.e. $50 before GST)
- Continue to enjoy the existing members’ benefits and privileges
- Get exemption on CPE requirements
How to apply
1. Check if you can fulfil the MIR age; and
2. you are not gainfully employed (an earned income* of not more than S$36,000 per annum).
*Earned income refers to:
Employment income including gross salary, bonus, allowances, commission, director’s fees or gratuity and net earnings from self-employment such as trade, business, profession or vocation.
Interest, dividend, rental, royalty, charges and estate/trust income.
Applications must be submitted on or before the subscription payment deadline on 31 January of the year of renewal. Otherwise, the application can be resubmitted at a later date and considered for next year’s renewal
For members who want to appeal for early reclassification to MIR, they may write in to the Member Services Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under "My Membership", click on "Applications"
Complete the declaration and confirmation
Attach your supporting documents
MIR Application will only be processed if application is duly completed submitted with supporting document
(i.e. CPF statement and/or income tax statement or equivalent for the past 1 year.)